One of the things I look forward to making every summer is Lavender Lemonade. It’s light, refreshing and delicious. It sounds pretty intimidating because not many people have heard of it, but once you taste it, you’ll be a happy convert.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup of fresh Lavender or 1 tablespoon dried. If possible, always make sure it’s direct from the grower with no pesticides.
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 cups of distilled water
- ice cubes
- lavender sprigs for garnish
- cheesecloth or strainer
Putting it together:
- Over medium heat, pour 2 1/2 cups of distilled water into a pot with the sugar.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the fresh Lavender buds.
- Cover and let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher.
- Add lemon juice and remaining 2 1/2 cups of distilled water.
- Stir to mix.
- Pour over a glass of ice and add a sprig of Lavender for garnish.
- Or, refrigerate until you are ready for a delicious glass of Lavender lemonade.