It’s the official start of summer fun and adventures! Aromatherapy is a wonderful way to enhance your summer experience by using essential oils to create a refreshing and relaxing atmosphere. Here are five ways to use aromatherapy during the summer:
- Citrus-infused spritzers: Create a cooling and invigorating mist by combining water, a few drops of citrus essential oils like lemon, orange, or grapefruit, and a splash of witch hazel in a spray bottle. Use it as a facial mist to freshen up on hot days or as a room spray to uplift your space.
- Relaxing essential oil blends for massage: Blend soothing essential oils like lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang with a carrier oil like sweet almond or coconut oil. Use this blend for a calming and relaxing massage after a long day in the sun.
- Aromatic summer diffuser blends: Fill your diffuser with refreshing essential oils like grapefruit, rosemary, and spearmint to cool down and clear the air in your living spaces. You can also find great blends in our spiritual apothecary to support your self-care during the summer season.
- Bug repellent candles: Use essential oils with insect-repellent properties like citronella, lemongrass, and lavender to make natural bug-repelling candles. Light these candles during your outdoor gatherings to keep pesky insects at bay.
- Cooling body spray: Prepare a cooling body spray by mixing aloe vera gel, water, and a few drops of peppermint or spearmint essential oil. Store it in a spray bottle in the refrigerator for an extra refreshing effect. Use it after spending time in the sun to soothe and cool your skin.
Remember to use high-quality essential oils and dilute them properly in carrier oils or water as needed. Additionally, always check for any potential allergies or sensitivities before using essential oils on your skin. Enjoy the delightful scents and benefits of aromatherapy throughout your summer!