Plant Part Used:
Country Of Origin:
Method Of Extraction:
Frankincense comes in a variety of species including:
- Boswellia carteri – usually found in Somolia
- Boswellia frereana – usually found in Somolia
- Boswellia sacra – usually found in Somolia
- Boswellia serrata – usually found in India
- Boswellia neglecta – usually found in Ethiopia
- Boswellia papyrifera – usually found in Ethiopia
- Boswellia rivae – usually found in Ethiopia
Frankincense is considered a sacred essential oil that encourages healing of the spirit and heart.
I use Frankincense during my time of prayer and meditation as a way to calm and focus my mind and ground my spirit.
- palms of hands
- lower back
- pulse points
Frankincense is known to be one of the gifts brought to Jesus as a gift when he was born, but it’s also found in the pages of the Torah (Old/First Testament). As a matter of fact, it’s mentioned 26 times throughout the Old Testament.
God spoke to Moses: “Take fragrant spices—gum resin, onycha, galbanum—and add pure frankincense. Mix the spices in equal proportions to make an aromatic incense, the art of a perfumer, salted and pure—holy.A Holy ceremonial perfume – Exodus 30:34-35 (MSG)
What is that coming up from the wilderness,A perfume – Song of Solomon 3:16 (NRSV)
like a column of smoke,
perfumed with myrrh and frankincense,
with all the fragrant powders of the merchant?
They entered the house and saw the child in the arms of Mary, his mother. Overcome, they kneeled and worshiped him. Then they opened their luggage and presented gifts: gold, frankincense, myrrh.A gift to the new born Savior Jesus – Matthew 2:11 (MSG)
Other places you will find frankincense in the Bible are:
- Old Testament – Leviticus 2, 5, 6, 24; Numbers 5, 1 Chronicles 9, Nehemiah 13: 5, 9; Isaiah 43:23, 60:6, 60:1-7, 66:3; Jeremiah 6:20, 17:23; Song of Solomon 4:6, 16
- New Testament – Revelations 18:13
- Apocrypha – 3 Maccabees 5:2, 10, 45
- CNS (Central nervous system) sedative
- Wound healing
Blends well with
Ways to use
Frankincense essential oil can be used in many ways. Add a few drops to your diffuser before you begin any spiritual practice for heightened connection with God. Add a few drop to you bath water at the end of the day to help you relax and calm overactive thoughts.
The essential oil information provided on the CleshaStaten.com website is for educational and informational purposes only. Safety and research information is provided when available, and not given as a substitution for medical advice or treatment. If you are experiencing an illness, please contact a medical professional.